Ink Usage

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have been using my 830 for a little while now and it seems to really use the pigment ink fast. Has anyone kept track of pages per cart (b/w text) on either the 830 or the 4200?

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
I am getting anywhere from 200 to 400 sheets of text per refill out of my ip4300. That's about one to two weeks per refill.

jtl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
That is probably about what I am getting and less than I had expected based on reviews.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
For what it's worth I've occassionally allowed a small bubble of air to migrate along the CIS tube to see how fast it's moving and I've noticed that the pigment black seems to zoom in comparison to the dyebase inks...

Add to that a block print in pigment black vs' a dyebase black page (plain paper vs photo pro paper setting) tends to soak the page in the former compared to the latter. I'm starting to understand why Canon were using the CLI-8 black for auto duplexing as the paper is very warped and prone to catching and tearing on the pigmented.

chickens

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
if u guys try to put ure printout on water, you would notice the auto duplex printouts consist of green + magenta (in another words all 3 colours) and yes black too... anyway... if u think ure ink is running out fast, try set the intensity to -ve part to save ink if ure just using it to print text documents. I must say after few days having that printer, my cyan ink level dropped quite a fair bit :x...prob have something to do with allignment tests