Ink for HP 564 Photosmart?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Hi, guys. Good to see you are still here. Some of you will remember that I used to post here some years ago.

I am in need of ink, and my usual supply seems to have dried up. My most immediate need is pigment black, since I'm completely out of it, but I'll also need other colors.

I have a HP C309a Photosmart Premium 5-color all-in-one printer that takes HP564 cartridges. (Pigment black, 4 dye colors) I have been using OCP inks for over 10 years, because it's reasonably color-stable and works well with the printer without damage. I also tested InkTec at one time and found that it had reasonable color stability.

Unfortunately, I can't locate a supplier for either in the U.S. or Canada. (I want bulk ink, not cartridges. I need small quantities, preferably 100-500 mL, but in any case <1L.) Precision Colors still does not carry HP ink as far as I can tell (he's closed for the holidays).

I am looking for a supplier, hopefully in the U.S. or Canada, but I'm open to other locations. I'm also open to other brands of ink. Suggestions?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I may be able to save you all the trouble of replying. I just placed an order with R-JetTek. They tell me OCP went out of business, but they sell Aspen Ink, which is made by the same guy.

The order was in the nick of time, as R-JetTek is going out of business on Wednesday (Mike is retiring). They had only a few fairly large bottles left, but all orders get a 70% discount! I'll post a separate notice.