Indonesian Print Parts Seller (Scam)

GordW

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
After trying several cleaning options with no success, I decided my Pro-10 print head was damaged, and went looking online for a replacement. I found signprintparts(dot)com, based in Indonesia, and they appeared to have them available. I reached out by email to ask if it was a brand new and genuine Canon print head. They responded right away, saying "Yes", and wanted my mailing address. I figured the price was reasonable and wasn't "too good to be true", so I went ahead and ordered one. I should have paused when I found out they only accept money transfers for international orders. But, off to the bank I go and transfer the funds. Needless to say, as soon as I transferred the funds ALL communication with them ceased.

In doing some looking on a professional sign printers forum, it appears this is a common scam for Indonesian 'companies' selling printer parts. Wished I had re-thought my purchase when they would only accept money transfers.

Luckily this lesson did not cost me too much and I thought I would warn as many people as I can. Lesson learned.

STAY AWAY FROM INDONESIAN SELLERS WHO ONLY TAKE MONEY TRANSFERS FOR PAYMENT!