individual tanks vs. 2 tank system

ultraviolet353

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am a Canon User, and was just wondering what people think about individual tanks (Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Black,) vs. just 2 tank system of Black and Color...Will I really save a ton of money if I get a Canon with individual tanks or is the difference negligible?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
ultraviolet353 said:
I am a Canon User, and was just wondering what people think about individual tanks (Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, Black,) vs. just 2 tank system of Black and Color...Will I really save a ton of money if I get a Canon with individual tanks or is the difference negligible?
Well, you won't necessarily save a ton of money but there's a few things to consider here.

1. The 2 tank (black + colour) means that if you run out of black, you just replace the black, but if you run out of say; magenta only after a long run of sunburnt friend pictures taken at sunset then you have to replace ALL the colours with that one cartridge, even if it was still full of cyan and yellow... Bummer!

2. Whilst the individual ink cartridges are more expensive you get more ink and replace only when you run out.

but perhaps the best bit..

3. You invariably get a more expensive, faster, better features printer so you aren't sitting there (like with the C42 from Epson) considering ripping out your eyeballs for something to do while your 2 page assignment prints out.

:D