In praise of older woman,

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
From time to time I read posts saying the OP will NEVER purchase another Epson printer, and others that bang on about the quality of Epsom OEM inks for this printer.........and question the quality of Cone vs Epson.....here is some smokin tabaccee' fer the septics.

Its been WEEKS since I last printed anything, have not even turned the printer on in over a month.....The weather is typical of early Summer here, one day stinking hot and humid, next freezing southerleys, then bang out of nowhere a series of hot dry days. Winds are drying the ground and the dirt road past my farm delivers bucket loads of dust each day.

This afternoon Sandra needed a print taken off her iPhone to frame for her Uncles 94th tomorrow.
Fired up the computer, downloaded the image from Gmail and imported it into Lightroom, set up the printer and hit print. Paper is a sheet of Canson Watercolour off an Art tablet......

Image spot on, rich colours, good contrast, just like looking out the window.

If the Cone was only as good as the Epson OEM ink, it would not have printed, the inks going on three years old. its refill, and its STILL better looking than Epsons effort at 20X the price....

If the 3880 was not the classic that she is, the print head would be stuffed, the nozzles blocked and the purge pads bone dry and the crapping station would be passing wind :rant:lol::lol:

LUV ya 3880

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
From time to time I read posts saying the OP will NEVER purchase another Epson printer, and others that bang on about the quality of Epsom OEM inks for this printer.........and question the quality of Cone vs Epson.....here is some smokin tabaccee' fer the septics.
But isn’t that exactly what you’re saying about Cone ink.. :p

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
But isn’t that exactly what you’re saying about Cone ink.. :p

Well, if three year old cone ink is not clagin' from old age, it must be pretty good, if its sitting in the carts and lines and not crusting, gelling or forming rogue clumps, like non encapsulated ink, it must be better than pretty good, so them that nay-say 3rd party inks can grab a wad of fact-baccy, put that in their pipes and smoke it......with my compliments!