IMS inks incompatible with i960

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I got the order yesterday from Inkgrabbers. I was running low on Photo Cyan so curiosity got the better of me. Rather than use the Inkgrabbers cartridge, I refilled from the Costco IMS kit once more. So far so good. I now have IMS black and Photo Cyan running with InkGrabbers Yellow and Canon Cyan and Photo Magenta plus Magenta. I see no problems so far. Will keep postng. I am assuming the only problem with IMS and my i960 is the Photo Magenta which cast a pink tone throughout the photos.

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, after printing the first 8x10 today, the IMS Photo Cyan began to give me vertical banding (slight) and a blue overtone. Just like the Photo Magenta did. So... the Photo colors are out for IMS inks. The black still doing great from IMS. I switched out the IMS PC to Inkgrabbers after one print. Learning as we go. Thought I would pass this info along for those of you that have the IMS bulk bottles for the i960.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
wrbjr, thanks for keeping us posted! I wonder if the pigment nozzles tend to be more forgiving of discrepancies in ink formulation than the dye based nozzles.

When you swapped to inkgrabbers did the first print come out okay?

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I haven't printed another out... will do so and report back shortly.

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printed out another 8x10 with the Inkgrabber's Photo Cyan. The very beginning of the photo had just a wisp of blue tint in the sky, but cleared up right after the first inch or so. I guess the IMS ink worked its way out of the "picture" (couldn't resist) and Inkgrabbers took over. All is well with the world and my i960.

headhair

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Well I am new to this forum. I don't even expect this much of matter behind inkjet.

I am using Canon ip1000
Is there any method to refill the catridge and which ink to use?
help me..

danigirl12

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I too bought several of those IMS refill kits.
They have successfully worked for years.
However, my computer recently did an software/driver update and now the ink doesn't work.
I know that the printer has always recognized HP ink from other ink, but since the update occurred the printer now prohibits the refill ink from working correctly.
I immediately bought a new HP color cartridge and now the printer works again.
Any ideas of how to avoid buying expensive HP cartridges?

leo8088

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Try to refill this new HP ink cartridge when it is near empty again. It's very likely it will work still.