Improved Hobbicolors UW-8 printer profiles for FREE !

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Many of us are using Hobbicolors UW-8 refill inks with great satisfactory results. However the noticable magenta cast is something to live with and I myself was struggling with this problem for while now. I had some profiles produced by a profiling company, but was not very satisfied with the results. I could see the difference easily between the different papers.
The very wide gamut of Hobbicolors UW-8 inks tends to be very pronounced (with magenta cast) when used in combination with native Canon profiles, whether Inktec CLI-8 compatible inks tends to be more greenish and less saturated compared to the OEM ink.

On my Canon i9950 printer and the Epson Pro 3800, I already produced some improved printer profiles with 16-bit accuracy and improved B/W corrections (to minimise colour casts) and it gave me very impressive results on the paper I used. In fact I can now hardly see any differences on which printer the pictures where created on. I also have an Epson Pro 3800 pigment printer and the only difference I can see is that the pigment inks on the Pro 3800 are less reflective than the pictures produced with dye inks on the i9950 printer. Only on this basis I could determine whether the picture is made on the Epson or the Canon printer.

If you want to enjoy consistent colours too with your printer, you can contact me for some limited free profiles for a small amount of papers (e.g. Tetenal, HP) for the Canon i9950 used in conjunction with Hobbicolors UW-8. Also if you want some personal high quality profiles for your specific paper/ink/printer combination.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
pharmacist said:
If you want to enjoy consistent colours too with your printer, you can contact me for some limited free profiles for a small amount of papers (e.g. Tetenal, HP) for the Canon i9950 used in conjunction with Hobbicolors UW-8.
That is a generous offer, but you might want to read these posts relating to the distribution of generic profiles:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=15866#p15866
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=17883#p17883

This is why I no longer post profiles.