imagePROGRAF PRO-300: blurry edges

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The printer has a roller clean function

RTFM:ep
You mean function that asks to feed a piece of paper then cleans rollers? This never worked on any printer

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
You mean function that asks to feed a piece of paper then cleans rollers? This never worked on any printer
No, this function makes a lot of scratching noise, maybe it rubs the rollers clean.

sfphoto

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300
I have used the roller clean function previously (and now again), and it has made no difference.

I have cleaned the timing strip carefully and greased the steel bar in the lower back. I did not see anything else that may need grease. I feel the printer is quieter,, but the print result is the same.

BTW, the print head (the big black thing that moves left and right) sits rather loose on the steel bar in the back. In the cartridge change position, I can lift it quite a bit. When printing, it is also pretty loud when it turns around at either end. Is this normal?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
When printing, it is also pretty loud when it turns around at either end. Is this normal?
I still say you have all the hallmarks of a dirty timing strip, yes I know you said you have clean it, but I’d suggest you clean it both sides again with a paper towel soaked in a little window cleaner, taking special care to wipe the left/right sides carefully..

It was a bad idea to place grease anywhere near your printer, it didn’t need it and the lubricant used on these printers is a special type and brand and not easy got..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
If the print head moves on round metal linear rail, then you could replace the brass bushings, take apart make measurements and order online

sfphoto

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300
First of all, thank you all for your help and suggestions. I am ready to give up trying to repair the printer. From now on, I will have to create a border around the photos that I trim away, so the photos are not affected by the blur at the edge of the paper. In the long run, however, I will have to look for a new A3+ printer...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Then look no further then SC-P900 it has ink resetter around 100Eur, and empty cart set for 50Eur all carts. The original chips can be reset if not used lower then 15%. No arc chips exist yet.