I'm not sure if these are solid prints

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
so these are test prints from my new printer. these are also scanned with the same device as well. Is this what a photo is supposed to look like? Still new to this printing stuff.

Attachments

• test scan001.jpg
    test scan001.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 80
  • test scan002.jpg
    test scan002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 84

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It looks like your printer has an ink feed problem or is running out of black ink when printing the Manga image.

What is the printer model used? and are you using new OEM cartridges, compatible cartridges, remanufactured cartridges or home refilled cartridges?

Inkjet printers for home use come in three varieties optimised for a different purpose:

1. Office printers. These are optimised for plain paper documents and might not be good for printing photos. They typically have a pigment black and 3 dye ink cartridges.
  2. Photo printers. these are optimised for photo printing with at least a dye black added to the 3 dye colours. They lack the pigment black for plain paper documents.
  3. All-rounders: these have at least 5 cartridges: Pigment black and dye black + dye cyan, magenta and yellow. Due to the pigment black they are good for plain paper documents and due to the dye black and colours they are also good for photo printing.
The Epson Workforce 3520 is an office type printer, so photo printing might not be perfect.

Here is a printer test image that is much better than the B/W manga image, It is known and used by many forum members, Just right-click and save the image. Here is a good site with more test images and info.

tecknobandit96

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP 5520, Epson WF3520
I can see where it would be not up to par for photo printing. the photos pass the test but are not of excellent quality. It could just be the settings where I printed beforehand and it could also be the paper that it was printed on as well. And it doesn't have the break in colors as the manga images do. So not bad for a printer from Goodwill, and besides they have numerous technology that would fit my needs. Would I use this for schoolwork? Maybe. That is another issue entirely.

I would like to appreciate you Peter for leading me to those links. It did help with the printer going through the ringer and that is something I really like. The plan for this printer is that is going to my own personal printer for life. So I'll work out the kinks later. The other one I'm going to use as a scanner and this one as a secondary scanner (if need be.) So it won't go out when I really need to use a scanner.