I'm looking for used OEM 525/526 cartridges

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
IMG_20200325_170054.jpg
Hello PeterBJ,
I have been trying to clean up the time stripe band and on the right side (pad,motor etc...) I noticed there was some strange stain of very old colours... It didn't run away with Isopropinol solution... may it be a cause of wrong informations read by the sensor?
What do you think about?
I try to make a picture of it.
Best regards
Zepat

Hello PeterBJ,
here we are I took everything out and clean everything with "the Pharmacist solution".
All the gear seems to work properly.
I do have a lot of doubt concerning the stripe band... I would like to try with a one in better condition.
I leave 2 pictures... Tell me what you think about.
In case, do you think I could use another Stripe from an PIXMA MP610 or MP650?
Would you have a stripe in good condition for sale?
Best regards and many Thanks in advance for your answer.

Attachments

• IMG_20200325_170110.jpg
    IMG_20200325_170110.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 393

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The right hand side of the strip looks dirty and scratched (?) to me. The left hand side looks clean to me. I think the markings are laser engraved and very resistant to cleaning fluids, so I suggest to let the strip soak in a window cleaner with ammonia or pharmacist's cleaning fluid for some hours. then wipe it with a soft paper tissue wetted with the same cleaning fluid. If you avoid scratching I think you can rub the strip hard without damaging it, but do it at your own risk. Hopefully that helps.

I have no parts catalog for the MG5350 so I don't know the parts number for the timing strip, but I think it is unlikely the other timing strips will be useful. I don't have any spare timing strips for the MG5350. I have only got the one in the printer. so sadly I cannot help with a new strip.

zepat

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon MP620
The right hand side of the strip looks dirty and scratched (?) to me. The left hand side looks clean to me. I think the markings are laser engraved and very resistant to cleaning fluids, so I suggest to let the strip soak in a window cleaner with ammonia or pharmacist's cleaning fluid for some hours. then wipe it with a soft paper tissue wetted with the same cleaning fluid. If you avoid scratching I think you can rub the strip hard without damaging it, but do it at your own risk. Hopefully that helps.

I have no parts catalog for the MG5350 so I don't know the parts number for the timing strip, but I think it is unlikely the other timing strips will be useful. I don't have any spare timing strips for the MG5350. I have only got the one in the printer. so sadly I cannot help with a new strip.

Hello PeterBJ,
I have been cleaning the stripe band but after rebuilding everything as soon as I switch on, there is 1/4 round of the paper roller turning and I get error 6000 on the screen (see attchment). I don't understand from where the problem could come from.
Any idea?

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_101840.jpg
    IMG_20200326_101840.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 411

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Checking the service manual for the similar MG5220 the error 6000 means a line feed error. See page 10/62 in the service manual. Note the LF (Line Feed) and EJ (EJect) slit films are disks located at the left hand side of the printer. The MG5220 service manual is found here, if you have not got it already.

My prime suspect is still the purge station, which is driven by one of the shafts that also drives the line feed and paper eject rollers. Maybe too much friction or even blockage in the purge unit caused the error 6000?. The reason I suspect the purge unit is the Youtube video linked in post #7.