If Kirkland Professional Glossy Paper is discontinued.......

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If Kirkland Professional Paper is discontinued.......

Is Costco the only source for this paper?

Does anyone know of another paper that has a similar price and performance and is somewhat widely available?

drebel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
if anyone knows anywhere we can get this please let us know. this is a very important item for me and i 'm sure for many others.
thanks!

kgvickers

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I must admit that I don't monitor this forum much, but since when is this paper being discontinued?

drebel

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
it may not be, but in Miami they havent had the paper for 2 months in any of the 4 stores around me. when i asked them to check for me they said they didnt have any stock orders pending.
I had to order it online from costco.com they just shipped it after waiting 3 weeks. so something is going on. dont know what yet.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
There are normal stocks of both the 8.5x11 and 4x6 at my local Costco (north of Boston). It may be that your local store didn't move enough of it and they made a local decision not to carry it.

brian.stone@mail.com

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I went to my local Costco to purchase more of the 8.5 x 11 color photo paper. Bought a full case. Asked the manager on the way out and she confirmed that the current Made in Mexico/USA paper is being discontinued. But it is being replaced system wide.

I tried the same print on the USA and Mexico papers the other day and the results were identical. I just wish that they made 11 x 14 and 13 x 19. It's the greatest paper I ever tried and there is no beating the price.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Looks like the question I posed was timely and I never knew of the situation. Am I psychic?

jjbruja

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R300, Photo 1400, 730
drebel said:
it may not be, but in Miami they havent had the paper for 2 months in any of the 4 stores around me. when i asked them to check for me they said they didnt have any stock orders pending.
I had to order it online from costco.com they just shipped it after waiting 3 weeks. so something is going on. dont know what yet.
Last weekend I located the 8 1/2 x 11 photo paper in stock at the Royal Palm Beach store. They had 96 boxes at the time. The local store in Palm Beach Gardens had only 4 x 6 in stock.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
mikling said:
If Kirkland Professional Paper is discontinued.......

Is Costco the only source for this paper?

Does anyone know of another paper that has a similar price and performance and is somewhat widely available?
Kirkland is Costco's house brand. While it may be available under a different label, I haven't seen this quality paper at such a reasonable price anywhere.