ICC Profile request! Hobbicolor inks, and either a 4clr or 6clr Cannon

Inky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just ordered Hobbicolor bulk inks. Will review them soon.

Does anyone have a ICC profile for Hoobicolor?

My perfect profile would be Hobbicolor, 4 clr BCI-6, and Kirklands paper. Anything close appreciated.

Thanks!

poona888

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Inky

Send me a email. I have a ICC profile for i960 printer using Hoobicolor ink with Kirlands paper.

Regards

Arthur

mytime45

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Inky,
Would you let us know if that ICC profile for 6 colors works on 4 color printer.
I'm lookinkg for the same thing.

dparadowski

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Poona888: Would you mind sending me a copy of the profile you have for the i960 Hobbicolor on Kirkland paper. How did you make it- Profile Prism, Monaco EZ Color or a pro-level profile maker?

poona888

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am using Monaco EZ Color to make the profile.

Inky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Poona888's 6 color profile helped, but could use a little tuning. It was a 6 color profile used in a 4 color printer afterall.

With any luck I should test a 4 color profile for the HC ink, IP5000, and Kirkland paper soon.

bmht

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Inky
I'm also interested in that profile for the IP5000 and the kirkland paper with hobby color.
I had one made done for my pixma Ip5000 and the kirkland paper but for the G&G cartridges. I like them, but the fading is terrible. If you want the profile, let me know.
Also have you tested the hobbycolor ink regarding fading?
Thanks

Inky

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Havn't tetsed HC fading yet. So far prints on the fridge look good, will reprint them in a month to compare.

To do it more scientifically, I should probably print two copies now and then seal one for comparison.... Will try that with new ICC profile.

gamarlin

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have just filled my cartridges with HobbiColor inks on a Canon i9900 printer and I was amazed at the photo print outs. I made profiles for the HobbiColor ink and both Kirkland Glossy and Ilford Printasia Pearl paper. I believe that this ink does as well or better than Canon inks. This printer uses 6 color inks plus Red and Green Cartridges so I don't know how the profiles will work with other printers but you are welcome to try them if you contact me.

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I do not use custom profile for my ip8500 using HC ink. When comparing prints made with OEM and HC ink I did find HC ink more satisfactory to my eyes. I am not that picky about colors so I do not plan to have custom profiles any time soon. HC ink on Kirkland paper withou a profile is good enough for me now. Honestly, I don't think printers with BK, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow only can reach the kind of colors i9900 and ip8500 can produce. Especially greens and reds are very saturated. Printing with CMYK ink only probably will not produce that kind of greens and reds. I am glad that I invested in my ip8500. It is simply the best printer I have ever used. I am glad that there is this HC ink that works so well on this printer too. Will buy more ink soon.