i950 - was missing 1 colour, now have none

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Tlhe Tiger direct suggestion is a good one but they may still have the deal of a NEW i960 that costs about $80 after rebate. The six OEM carts are worth that if purchased at full retail alone! I am thinking of buying one and putting it on the shelf for when one of my two i960's goes out. Question --- any down side to putting a new, unused, in the box printer on the shelf for possibly a year or two? Of course the issue of guarantee period expiring with it unused is something I should consider.

kenban

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Other then the warrenty I can't think of a reason why you can't put one on a shelf for a year or two as long as its not used before it goes into storage. The print head is in a sealed pouch to prevent it from drying out and the cartridges are sealed as well. Just do not touch the print head and I think you will be fine. Your right I totally missed the deal for a new i960. I am looking at it now its $159.99 then there is a $80 MIR so in the end its only $79.99 and its a brand new i960 rather then a refurb. Although to me if they are providing a new print head and a new set of carts I might still go with the refurb rather then deal with a MIR (I really do not know if the print head is new or not anyone know if they are new in the refurb printers?). But either way its a good deal.

drc023

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, iP8720, MG6220
Early last year I purchased several Canon refurb'd s820's off eBay. All had a full set of OEM Canon tanks and new factory sealed print heads. Wasn't a bad deal at the time. The printer was $25 and s&h was $20. $45 for an $80 print head and 6 OEM BCI-6 tanks.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I've mentioned on the forum before that I've got 2 refurbished i560's sitting in the garage. I got about 6 of them for $30.00 each out the door and sold the sets of cartridges on eBay for $35.00 and the printers for about $50.00 (locally). I've still got the two in the garage as fall-back printers. I used an i560 originally and still think it is a great printer.