i860 replacement

groeswenphil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
Just came across this forum.

I've just been given a Lexmark x75............but that's another story.

I read on the main site how easy it was to refill Canon i860 cartridges.

I'd love to buy a Canon i860 as it appears to be everything that I need....but there don't appear to be any around anymore............BUT...........might there not be a Canon printer that uses the same cartridges?

All the best,
Phil

WhiteDog

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
To find a printer using a similar cartridge set, go to http://www.printheadexpress.com/ and find the print head replacement for the i860. The listing will tell you if that head, and thereafore the cartridges work in any other printer. Then you can look for one of those. Personally, I would just get an end-of-line ip6000 which uses the BCI6 non-chipped cartridges. I bought two last week when my i850 quit after 20,000 pages. The printers come new with an ink set worth $90 retail, and the new printhead for the i850 is $79. No brainer.

groeswenphil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks.
I've taken your advice and placed an order.
The reviews on that particular printer looked awesome.
Lets just hope that it lasts a little longer than it will take for the European Union to outlaw chipped cartridges.

Thanks for your advice.
Phil

groeswenphil

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
My MP780 arrived within the week. Just a few problems. I really should have checked shipping costs as I think that in the end I paid as much for shipping and tax as I did for the printer. Also, it came with a U.S. power cord, so I had to buy an adaptor. Still, if it is as good as the reviews say, then I still think I've got a bargain, especially as it uses non-chipped, refillable cartridges.
Thanks,
Phil