I need to find a good source for OEM PGI5BK and CLI8BK/C/Y/M carts

Frankd1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions of a good place to buy OEM cartridges for an MP530?

Most places that I have found sell them in the $15 to $17 range so I wasn't sure if there was someplace that had them cheaper?

I am going to purchase these so that I can use them for refills once the OEM ink is empty.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Don't you have the ones that came with your printer? Otherwise, I would suggest if the Staples in Canada have the same recycle offer that they have in the USA, that you take ten of your compatibles there and get a Staples rewards card before the end of the month. And then do the same thing after the new year. By the end of February you will have $60 in rewards which will be enough to buy 4 of your cartridges. If the Staples in Canada does not have the same recycle offer, then on your next trip to the Michigan, open an account with your family and recycle there.

I would resist buying cartridges on eBay that are discounted, they are probably counterfeit.

Remember, you only need one set of OEM cartridges if you refill with GRM.

Frankd1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I wish I could say that I still had the OEM's that came with the printer when I purchased it 4 years ago, but alas......I don't, I wish I knew about this forum back then!

I will look into what staples has to offer here in the way of a recycling program, otherwise, I found on Amazon that they have OEM PGI-5BK one for $15.79 or 2 for $29.94 and a 4 pack of CLI-8BK/C/Y/M for $44.77 which works out to a little over $11, no tax and free shipping which isin't too terrible I suppose....

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
If you get the two-pack of pigment black, keep refilling one as soon as the reservoir gets empty and leave the other one in the box until the first one fails.

Whenever I put a refilled pigment black ink cartridge in the printer, I open the scan cover and print a page of solid black. If it produces white or even grey stripes, the cartridge has a flow problem and can be considered to have failed.

The next time this happens to me (with a BCI-3eBk), I'm going to poke a hole through the top of the cartridge near the wall on the sponge side half way down to let air bypass the sponge to see if the obstruction is in the air flow in the upper sponge or if it is the ink flow in the lower sponge. If doing this allows the scan to print solid black, then I will know that the obstruction is in the upper sponge material and that overfilling the cartridge is what causes the problem.