I have the equipment, now what?

Kiriakos

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ok, as said I have the equipment, a Photosmart 7660, Qimage software and many editing programs. I read a lot about calibration for the printer, the monitor etc. Forget for the moment the monitor. Can someone lead me in this procedure for printer calibration using mostly Hp, Kodak and Ilford papers? Sould I research the paper manufacturers for a profile or should I do it with the Qimage? I am lost!!!

Tysonic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ilford's website has profiles and instructions on how to use them:
http://www.ilford.com/html/us_english/prod_html/galerie/ijprofiles/default.asp

In Qimage, you need to select the correct profile for the paper you're working on after you install it. Qimage will not profile your printer, but Profile Prism will IF you have a decent scanner.

Otherwise you're looking at doing it manually to your monitor by making color changes in the driver until a printout matches your screen (monitor calibration would be very important here, as the monitor ages and fades you'll have to do this all over again), or spending $40 per paper/profile to get it done by www.cathysprofiles.com, with this the printer will be accurate, but most likely NOT match your monitor at all.

The only thing I've seen for Kodak is printer settings on their site.

Tyson