I fixed my Print Head, BUT it wasn't the Nozzles...

Photographic Memory

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100S
I think I dented the Mesh on the Yellow Inlet of the Print Head the very first time I attempted the Tubing. Could this be a possible symptom. And if so is there any way to fix it or not at all?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I think I dented the Mesh on the Yellow Inlet of the Print Head the very first time I attempted the Tubing. Could this be a possible symptom. And if so is there any way to fix it or not at all?
Just so long as there's no hole then it will work just fine...;)

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I am working on the MX885 my daughter in law has been using intensively for 2 or 3 years and has now severy clogs in the cyan and magenta.
After bathing the printhead for a day, the first nozzle checks were fine, but soon the magenta and cyan disappeared again.
I had the same with a similar printer that could be cleared after a week of bathing (distilled water with a drop of washing liquid in the beginning).
It took A WEEK before all color was removed.
The explanation could be that after prolonged use the ink forms residues in the channels.
I had the same before with yellow, it did not occur anymore since I ordered new ink (OCP), wich I did now also for the cyan and magenta.

The ink (from Prodinks) was at least 3 years old and still was clear (no fungus), but I can not blame the manufacturer when it fails after that time.
The cartridges (with the same ink) worked perfectly in another printer, so it should be in the head.

Possibly @Photographic Memory's clogs were also caused by long use and/of older ink.

I will report back when I solved my problem.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I flushed a cyan and magenta cart and filled them with a fresh batch of ink.
Not better, on the contrary.
Initially some ink comes through, but the nozzle checks worsen fast.
After a cleaning instruction C and M are blank :eek:.