I could use some help with iP Pixma 3000

Bobbie6768

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've read everything I can find on the 3000 already.
I really need some help with a Canon Pixma 3000 printer. It has been a very good printer and I would like to keep it. I've been refilling the ink for 4 years with it. The printer started printing with pink streaks recently. I tried all the cleaning procedures and finally come to the conclusion I needed a new print head. I got the new head, put it in and the printer was printing perfect until I run out of Magenta ink. When I replaced the ink it was right back to printing streaks. Today I found an old Canon M. cartridge and cleaned it up and put ink back in it, also put the old printer head back after I cleaned it up. I done the print outs in maintance...Alignment and nozzle check. It printed both of them perfectly. But it won't print the pink anywhere else. Then I put the new head back in and it wouldn't print the nozzle check right, no pink.
Is it posible that the printer isn't getting the right signal. It's not the computer sending the wrong thing, I've hooked the printer to another puter...same thing. I could use any help I can get. Thanks Bobbie