I am starting over and need suggestions

trashguy9

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal. I have old Canon S820 that I have been using for years. I have gone through probably 7 or 8 print heads, about one every 12 - 18 months it seems. I changed out my latest one last week, yellow was going bad. Manual cleaning (yes I know how, been reading here for years) did no good. I always have a new one on hand, so I put that one in about five days ago. That one failed yesterday, this time it is not clogged, but must be defective in another way, because all the cleaning I have tried and it doesn't change one bit in the nozzle test. Half of one of the magentas test print is messed up and my prints have heavy yellow cast. I have been refilling for the last five years or so with Formula Labs ink. I wrote to the manufacture of this ink and got a good deal about a year ago, or a little better, buying six litters (one color each). I don't know if this ink is causing my heads to fail so quickly, or not. Or maybe the ink is getting old? I print a fair amount, but not that much. May print on average maybe one 8 x 10 a day for reference on the amount I print.

So after the latest failed print head, I've had it and want to start over :(. So I am asking suggestions for a new printer with refillable carts and bulk ink suggestions too. I guess what I want in a printer, is what I had in my old S820. Borderless 4x6 and being able to print 8.5 x 11 borderless too. On the ink, I was thinking about Hobbicolors, but I am at the very start of my research on printer and ink. Just thought if I got a bunch of suggestions now, it would save me allot of reading as I have not kept up with the latest printers. I know casually reading here in the past about chip resetters, etc and will learn more on that in my research. Also, what are your thoughts on Continuous Flow systems, would that be a good option, less filling of carts? My budget is not unlimited, but will spend what I have too, as to get back too square one. Maybe want to stay with Canon, but if Epson is a better choice I am open to that.

Thanks for any help, :)
Larry

Ron350

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
-
It sounds like you are looking for a used Canon i960.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score