HP Photosmart 7520 only the photo cartridge won't print

DJgeco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart 7520
The cartridge showed to be about 1/3 full. I ran the clean cartridges tool and on the print quality diagnostic page all the inks printed well, except for the photo cartridge - it showed mostly white area with some lines through it. I put in a new photo cartridge in case the current one was bad, but the result is the same. Do I need to clean the printhead or replace it?

DJgeco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart 7520
Back to original post, I did soak the printhead in alcohol, let it dry, replaced it and tried again to no avai (quite awhile ago). I decided to buy a new printer, an HP Envy Photo 7155. I don't think it prints photos as well as my Photosmart 7520. I still may try buying a new printhead.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I love your loyalty to HP printers but, did you not think of shopping around first to see what else is available that might suit you better, when it comes to photo printers both Epson and Canon are Kings..
P.S. Soak the head in Fairy or Dreft washing-up liquid and warm water, alcohol is great for cleaning but not for soaking..

DJgeco

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Photosmart 7520
Thank you, I will try soaking in one of those - I didn't realize alcohol wasn't the way to go. I may check out Canon and Epson in the future. I did have an Epson wide-format printer quite sometime ago & liked it until it started having problem.s. Again, thanks for your reply.

Latest posts