HP Photosmart 7350 prints one blurred column

lloydfp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My Photosmart printer has started printing one smeared column near, but not on, the left edge of each page. In other words, if a printed line consists of "123456789" with a 1" left margin, the "2" is blurred horizontally, and the "1" and all other numbers are OK. If I move the left margin -.2", then the "3" is blurred.

I have tried every "HP...toolbox" utility (calibrate, clean heads). I have brushed out all dust. I have wiped print cartridge slide bar and there don't seem to be anything to cause this. I have gone to the HP website and searched for this problem with no luck.

I have worked with PCs for a long time, and this is pretty bizarre.

Anyone have an idea about what could cause this?

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
May be one of the printer rollers is dirty (has ink on it) and that's why it leaves the mark.

lloydfp

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the help.

Your suggestion caused me to wonder what a print roller is, so I took a flashlight and started looking. I found a small dot of something on a thin plastic film ribbon that runs horizontally and touches the print head (guides it?). Anyway, I removed it and all is well!

BTW - so what is a print roller on an ink jet printer?

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
They may not be called rollers, but what I meant are those rubber wheels which move the paper through the printer