HP Photosmart 2575

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Someone gave me an HP Photosmart 2575 printer with the colors not working. I made a testprint and there's no color at all (see picture).
I checked the printer and it seems that the printhead is built into the cartridge?? (I never owned an HP, only Canon and Brother and these have the printhead in the printer).

Would changing the color cartridge make things work again? Or is it not that simple?

Screenshot.jpg

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Thanks, Hat. I also got a new orginal cartridge with the printer so I think I will give it a try.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Hmm, I wonder how much time and money I should invest in this printer. It looks pretty worn and messy on the inside. I made some pictures of it. The third one shows some goo I removed from the black purgepad. The black purgepad is pretty worn, you can see through it.

Would it be a good idea to try and fix this up or should I just discard it?

The page count is 2665.

HP 2575 - 1.jpg HP 2575 - 2.jpg Purgepad.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If she’s giving a good printout then I reckon it would be well worth spending a bit of time giving the whole purge area a good clean up, then she’ll be good for another couple of thousand prints..

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
The only thing that puzzles me is that the printer is unable to tell the ink levels of the color cartridge (and it prints no colors at all). It shows a question mark on the display which, according to the manual, means it is a not a genuine HP-cartridge. But it definitely has an HP label on it with HP type number. I do have a spare cartridge but am a little reluctant to open it.