HP OJ 7000 aka model E809A

videobruce

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon IP4300 & Panny KX-MB271
A organization I'm a member of received a couple of older printers. One is these is HP. I had to do some initial research since I haven't owned a HP for almost 20 years or so. I realize it's a older printer, but it was donated. I have already told them figure the Printhead and the carts will have to be replaced for starters.
Anyway, what I found so far is; it's a wide format, 4 color (not eight) model with a user replaceable Printhead which was a major, nice surprise to me since the older models weren't.

This seller is listing it as "HP Genuine Replacement Parts" which I question since this is from 2009 according to the manuals copyright date.
https://www.bluedogink.com/hp-cn643a.html

The carts are the 920 series; CD972AN thru CD975AN (the XL sizes). The carts are what I have questions and their damn 'chip'. :-x
Specifically this statement; ""HP Dynamic Security" or "HP Cartridge Protection" to detect and block the use of non-HP ink cartridges".

I also have read having the ability to turn off the 'reporting' function (phone home) in the software menu that reports usage back to HP. I was majorly surprised when I read that. Can I assume these original carts are NOT resetable unlike the 1st generation Canon carts?

So, the 3rd party carts, are those chips resetable and will the printer still show the ink levels?? I would recommend using bulk ink (as I have done for almost 20 years, 1st with that HP, then with the 2 Canons I've owned (i560 then a ip4300) w/ the 1st generation resetable chips which is why I'm stilling it. ;-)

I have seen these;
"How do I trick my HP printer to accept refilled cartridges?
Turn off the printer and turn it on after 30-60 seconds, re-initializing the device. Then remove and reinsert the cartridge until you hear a click" but that kills monitoring fill levels doesn't it?

"How do I reset my HP ink cartridge chip without a Resetter?
How to Reset the Ink Levels on an HP Cartridge
  1. Take out both the black and colour cartridges from your HP printer.
  2. Turn on your printer and wait for 20 seconds before turning it off. ...
  3. Put the black and colour cartridges back inside the printer."
Lastly, it's not clear if this will work with Win7 Pro x64 I tried HP's site for drivers, but the support portion was down after numerous tries.