HP new printers K5400 & L7000 series

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Thought I'd give a heads up on this one as I just had a hunch and did a search for any multifunctionals that take the HP88 cartridge (the one that the K550 uses).

Somehow I got lucky and it seems that HP are bringing out a new printer to replace the K550 and a multifunctional that does indeed use the HP88 cart... All good news as that takes the hell out of CIS installation that I've been kicking around with Canons.

So, the new models are:

K5400 (std/dn/dtn(wireless))
L7580/L7680/L7780 All-in-one which equate to std/dn/dtn(wireless)

From what little I've read so far they may also have resolved one of the issues that tended to scare first time users to death in the K550... ie: there's now a counter weight in the system that acts to counter the fast left-right motion of the printhead by moving in the opposite direction to the printhead. Quite a clever idea really...

Anyways, from my point of view this has pretty much killed any decision by me to stick with the Canon printers... I'll probably stick with trying to solve the ones I have a present but in truth I think this lot helps me call time on any further Canon models..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Hmm... HP have now brought out the L7400 which seems to be a non-ADF version of the L7x80 series or printers..

I have to say though that I'm seriously wondering if there's a printhead issue with the HP88 model printheads having had 4 fail now over a relatively short period of time. They don't appear to be particularly rugged when it comes to environment.