HP Laptop Can't Find Canon MX452 Printer ??

NorPlan1

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX452
As the Title of this Post says, My HP Laptop can't find my Canon Printer ?? I've Unplugged / Re Plugged my Wireless Modem, Printer, Laptop. Checked to see if Printer was Connected to the Modem with the correct Info and all was good.. Printer works fine Scanning & Printing @ The Printer.. Wanted to Print Off a Page from an email .. Clicked On the 3 Dots top right of page , then from pop up asking for # of pages required & color preference Clicked on Print .. Nothing Doing Zip Nada.. Checked Laptop Settings and my Canon Printer is registered for the Printer to acknowledge.. Help Appreciated, Cheers Thanks...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The easiest thing to do is to turn off the printer, uninstall ALL software that you installed from Canon and then shut down computer. Unplug ALL cables on the printer. Now follow EXACTLY the installation instructions for the printer as if you just opened the box.

Forum recommendation is to install using a USB printer cable - NOT WiFi - and then once the printer is installed and working from your computer to THEN install the WiFi side.

FYI - I once worked on a similar model as yours that stopped printing via WiFi. It transmitted the SSID of the printer but did not receive WiFi signal from devices. Drove me nuts trying to get it to work wirelessly. No joy. Time for new printer if WiFi important.

Let us know what happens.