hp deskjet 848c printing problem.

Aladin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hello.
I have hp deskjet 848c and I am using black cartridge.I kept this printer off for one and half month.Today when I on my printer and print a page the printing was not so good because it was printing top half part of every line and was missing half bottom part.
I put off cartridge and shake it then I clean its surface with a tissue paper.
Now when I print a page, the page is totally blank while jet of printer drags on the page.
I will be thankful to you.
Bye

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, your printer uses the # 15 black, and # 17 colour cartridges. There are several things you can try.

Shake the cartridge, and that will let you know if any ink is inside. The level indicator is not always accurate.
If you are satisfied that there is ink inside, fold a paper towel 3-4 times. Put a bit of hot water on it, and hold it to the bottom of the printhead. If you can see a thick black double line, then you should be OK. You can also buy a "bottom filler" for this cartridge, and should be able to suck out any air bubbles....also lets you refill this cartridge easily.

If this is an old cartridge. and has not been used a lot, you may have some ink residue inside. This should be able to be purged using the refill tool. You also can force some warm water into the cartridge with the tool, and then vacuum it out and replace with fresh ink, which should be pigmented ink.

If you have tried to print with an empty cartridge, you may have overheated the printhead, which would partially heat-seal the nozzles, and you will get poor print quality. In any case, remanufactured # 15s are very inexpensive these days if you decide you need one.

Best of luck!!

Aladin

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Yes when I shake cartridge there is black ink.When I want to print a page.It displayed a message"Black print cartridge incorrectly installed,Remove the black print cartridge and reinstall it"what it means?Please solve my problem because print is totally blank till now.