HP Deskjet 2600 rollers pulling paper to the right even after running roller maintenance a million times

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
Anyone know how to fix this common issue? I also tried wetting some paper with some cleaner and holding it in the rollers while I ran the roller cleaning several times in the hope they needed to be cleaned but I'm wondering now if it it's something mechanical that affects the pressure of the rollers on the paper. Any ideas?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I once repaired a Canon iP4000 for a colleague. He complained about paper not exiting the printer straight. When I tested the printer, the ejected paper was folded like a Chinese fan. The cause was a popcorn that had been flattened and stuck between rollers. With the popcorn removed the printer was OK again.

I have an HP DJ 3636 that looks the same as the DJ 2600, so the mechanical design is probably the same. Does the paper exit the printer a few degrees off or totally crumpled or something in between? Maybe a photo showing the printer with the paper would be helpful?

I could then look at the DJ 3636 to find out how to check the printer for obstructions.

juntjoo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
XP-960
I once repaired a Canon iP4000 for a colleague. He complained about paper not exiting the printer straight. When I tested the printer, the ejected paper was folded like a Chinese fan. The cause was a popcorn that had been flattened and stuck between rollers. With the popcorn removed the printer was OK again.

I have an HP DJ 3636 that looks the same as the DJ 2600, so the mechanical design is probably the same. Does the paper exit the printer a few degrees off or totally crumpled or something in between? Maybe a photo showing the printer with the paper would be helpful?

I could then look at the DJ 3636 to find out how to check the printer for obstructions.
It exits just fine once it makes it in with my help. Let me take a pic or vid maybe....

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Using a Torx T-10 screwdriver i removed the scanner to get access to the printer's inner works. But this didn't reveal any rollers that could be checked for obstructions or cleaned. If the paper is only skewed a few degrees then maybe careful alignment of the paper and the right side of the paper support might help.

Latest posts