HP Deskjet 1280 and borderless printing ?

liquid.o

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have simple question - is it possible somehow to make my HP DeskJet 1280 to do borderless printing. I do not print pictures but some drawings with to big margins which I would like to avoid.

I found on Internet that there is a lot A3 inkjet printers that can do borderless printing, but not sure if HP DJ 1280 can do it....

Disaster is that I have bought this printer a month ago and unpack it.... so no turning back.

Is it possible to use alternative driver that will provide borderless printing on this printer ?

I would appriciate any help and information...

Thanks.

Al

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Al,... go to the HP web site and find the support page for your printer. Do a search for borderless printing.

liquid.o

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatelly, there is no reply from HP forum.

What is situation with other brands? Is there a hardware limitation or it is driver issue - not supporting borderless printing ?

Trigger 37

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Al,... I was not suggesting you should go to there forum. Here is a link to the support page for all of their printers. Find your printer and check out the lastest software that will support your printer.

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?..._client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&cc=us

I just read the users guide for the 1280 and there is not one mention of "Borderless Printing", so I think you're out of luck.