HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw print tweaking

ironsniper1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fnw
i tried printing a new image but the reds look washed out and the whole thing is darker

ironsniper1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
The resulting image has a greenish cast, so I think magenta has been reduced too much. I think that changing the magenta values in the web UI from -3 to -2 and leaving the other values unchanged will result in a much better image. I think a little experimenting would be worth the effort.
these settings

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You changed magenta from -3 to -2 and it didn't improve the image by increasing the amount of magenta in the printout?

Could you upload a scan op photo for comparison with the other printout?

ironsniper1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
You changed magenta from -3 to -2 and it didn't improve the image by increasing the amount of magenta in the printout?

Could you upload a scan op photo for comparison with the other printout?
sorry for taking so long I will try and get those done today work has kept me busy

ironsniper1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
i figured i would post an update to this thread, so a while back through my job i got a free broken printer, which was an easy 5 minute fix, anyway i get it home and get it fixed and start printing and the prints are coming out okay

i was using default settings and printing from linux, however i recently needed a new laptop for work and got my self a nice little hp laptop nothing to fancy or anything

anyway i connected the printer to this new laptop and the difference in prints is night and day, for whatever reason i guess cause the windows drivers have more features, but the prints are being printed exactly the same as i see on my screen and they all look fantastic!

and i didnt even touch the settings except to switch it to the correct size and type of paper, all of the color settings are all default

for anyone wondering the printer is an old Samsung Laserjet C1810 series printer and its awesome!

only bad thing is i ran out of bitboxes and i ran out of paper which is currently on back order, so as soon as i can get more and as soon as my n64 cases get here i will be printing alot more!

thanks for all the help and advice!

https://imgur.com/wCLJHyq

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I thought you were using Windows. If I had known you were using Linux I would have linked to this post. Maybe the problem is caused by a wrong default setting in Linux. Could you check that, if you still have the Linux laptop?

ironsniper1

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
I thought you were using Windows. If I had known you were using Linux I would have linked to this post. Maybe the problem is caused by a wrong default setting in Linux. Could you check that, if you still have the Linux laptop?
It was a Linux desktop and I am still using it but I am using it but only for my 3D printer now and I am only going to print from my windows laptop since everything is printing perfectly now! But thank you for the advice!