HP cartridges 364 xl and/or 564 xl

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Maybe you can make one yourself with a empty barebone CISS (5 tank system) and using the original cartridges. Drill inside the sponge area, so the ink is sucked into the sponge area, replenishing it constantly with ink.

belingh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does the 564xl hp cartridge need to have the chips reset in order to bring up the low-ink dialogue on the computer? I haven't found any mention anywhere online about a chip resetter for this cartidge, and since the little window on the tank doesn't show much, I'm not sure how to judge when to refill.

Is there a workaround until someone manufactures this resetter?

Also, I am looking for an ink supplier that provides the best quality refill ink for my HP C6380.

Thanks in Advance. MsAnnie

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Unfortunately: there is no resetter for the time being. So just disable the ink level status and keep on printing...

belingh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate it.

That's what I thought. But...how can you tell if the ink is low OTHER than when you're right in the middle of a print job? Canon CLI8 cartridges have that nice clear window that shows what is in there, but the hp windows are really tiny. Guess it's a guess!

msannie

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi Sneezer 2 and of course pharmacist re 364/564 carts and the HP printers. I have the C5380 all in one and it is a nightmare. I have tried various refilling methods. but the German method is good if you can get the needle in it jams the last 6/8mm if you are sucessful with the refill the M/C constantly tells you that you are using a damaged or second cart.

The Intec method was the most reliable but costly and they only said put in 4cc in standard carts and did not specify what for the XL, and I found the thumb method quite hard to do and difficult to control. I then went to refillable carts via E-bay and German OCP ink. The first 2 fills OK but not that easy getting ink in without spilling but the support clips very good. Now my colours are all over the place heavy pink/beige bias. Things always seem to get worse after reflling which seems strange.

These machines are always cleaning and make quite a noise. M/C seems strongly built but the anti-consumer design is very off-putting and you buy one at your peril. This Forum so full of excellent information from pharmacist, websnail and many others is so good, but it is mostly about Canon products. I assume this means that that they are the preferred choice of the majority.

I also have a Photosmart 7760 which takes the 56/57 carts and is no trouble at all. very quiet, very rarely cleans itself. My first refill attempt was Universal inks from Tesco Superstore using the top fill method and has been fine. Document quality is OK but Photos not as good as the 5380 which has a good spec. as pointed out by pharmacist. So it was going to the Dump but will now keep it as a back-up. My main problem I cannot keep the 364 M/C going producing accurate colours for any period and fighting the continual error messages.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@barfl2: you CAN ONLY use the german durchstich refill method if it is the XL version !!! Because in normal version cartridges there is no physical connection between the ink and the sponge compartment and you will need to enter the ink compartment and inject the ink there, NOT in the sponge !!! The Inktec system CANNOT refill the ink compartment of the XL cartridges, so it is a wast of time and money if you have these cartridges. Still prefer the Canon printers though, because easier refill and the availibility of an effective resetter.