HP and refilling theory.

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mike30 said:
It would appear that I have timed out so to cover the above quote I cannot refill the HP 300 BLACK or COLOUR
cartridges after buying a refill kit Cartridge
I refill HP300 for a friend without any problems
But it is very easy to burn out the print head as you dont get any indication that it has run out of ink until it stops printing and then its too late!
they are disposable cartridges after all.

Ink Refill Kit King

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Mike,
What is happening when you put the cartridge in the printer?

Does the light for the ink cartridge you fill just keep blinking?

Your printer probably doesn't have a lcd screen on it, so if you go to your computer and find the HP printer software that was installed on your computer, open it up and go to the screen that displays the ink levels. Then try re-installing the cartridges and see if a screen pops up saying "You have installed an empty cartridge" and at the bottom of the screen it should say "Click OK to continue".

But most likely, you printed beyond the low ink warning on the cartridge before you refilled it and HP has shorted out the electrical strip on the cartridge, and in that case, time for a new cartridge. Better yet, buy a Brother printer and you will never have this issue again(NO electronics on cartridges).

Larry

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Yes the Hp56/57/58 are very forgiving I have kept a Hp Photosmart 7760 because it is troublefree. You can leave it for weeks without printing and it fires up no problem every time. However it is a different with the 364 carts I found them difficult to refill and you had to have the XL version to do so which are very expensive as a set. No resetter was available then, I do not know whether one is available now.

The printer was continually warning you about incorrect/used/carts etc and ink consumption was very high due to head cleaning. every time you switched it on. I tried leaving mine on but made little difference

So I would have thought that the newer HP models are just as anti-refillers as Canon

Their main problem must be the seemly endless supply of compatibles, which most of the major manufacturers seem helpless in combating for very long which must eat into their profits, particularly when printers are almost given away