HP 2510 Printer Refill Problem

Papo_60

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have an HP PSC 2510 printer. I have refilled the Black cartridge a couple of time with no problems. :) This last time I refilled the cartridge as usual (I bought the ink refills from 2inkjets.com & follow their refill instructions) but I have not been able to get it to print. :( I have run the cleaning process several times with no help. Any ideas as to what has happened & what, if anything, I can do to resolve this problem??

Second question regarding the color cartridge HP 57: The instructions (video on 4inkjets.com) for refilling the cartridge shows refilling one color & then extracting 1ml of ink. If you are refilling all three colors at the same time do you need to complete this ink extraction for each color individually or can you refill all three colors & then remove 1-3 mils of ink??

Thanks for any help/support that you can provide.
Ron

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
There are mainly 2 reasons why your blk # 56 won't print. The first reason is overfilling. The second is that after puncturing the sponge several times after refilling, you create a situation where you have "drilled" through the sponge- in other words, the puncture by the needle creates larger holes than the natural sponge, and after several refills, ink may tend to pool at the bottom of the sponge. You can extend the life of your blk cartridge by purchasing for about $2.00 a " bottom refiller " clip, and refill from the bottom, not by puncturing the sponge. This will extend the life of the cartridge for several extra refills.

Using the same tool, you can attach the #57 colour and #58 colour cartridges, to the refillling tool, and extract some extra ink that way after refilling. Rinse the bottom of the cart after doing this.
Most important, as a general rule of refilling, it is ALWAYS better to underfill than overfill.

Good luck!!