HP #2 Cartridges

bigben2525

kickbox
Reaction score
Can these new #2 vivera cartridges be refilled? What is the deal with them? Is this the end of ink refill?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
www.printerfillingstation.com has refillable cartridges with chips that you need a separate resetter for - it's a pretty expensive setup to start with. I don't know whether you can refill the real carts and just deal with the low-ink warning, or whether the printer will refuse to continue printing - I suspect it will, because the printhead is built in rather than being on the cartridge.

I have not seen refillable cartridges from any of the other big suppliers, or auto reset chips from anyone.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The better design compromise though no one that refills likes it, is that it really should stop printing if it sees low ink levels. Why? It actually protects the consumer from destroying what I believe would be an expensive R&R for a burnt out or badly clogged printhead. This is the same logic that Epson adopted.

brianR

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
BigBen please go to inkbank.com.au This seller offers replacement carts with auto reset chips and a set of 50ml
inks as a kit or individually as required....Excellent system, the carts can easily be refilled without removal.