HP 1600 - Where to make the hole?

Big_Ron

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a HP Color LaserJet 1600 with a set of toner cartridges. Unfortunately the toner cartridges are running very low. I have scoured the Internet for information and have found conflicting advice. One site shows a very comprehensive set of pictures to strip down and refill the toner cartridges, whilst other indicate the melt and pour method - but I cannot find out exactly where to cut the access hole into the toner cartridge.

Has anyone refilled one of the Q600xA cartridges for the HP 1600/2600 printers?

Can anyone add a picture to the Forum archives?

Is there a template or set of measurements to indicate where to cut the hole?

Is it a strip and fill job?

Any help would be gratefully received as I will have to decide to buy replacement cartridges or tackle the refilling myself.

Regards,
Ron.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Often, when purchasing compatible bulk toner and/or reset chips for your laser cartridge, the seller will include detailed instructions on how to proceed. If you already have the bulk toner, call the store where you purchased it..I'm sure they will be happy to help with instructions..

Best of luck!!

refilldude

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
it is not just a case of making a hole to pore in toner you need to empty the waste also.

make a hole by the arrow on the top of the cartridge and vacume out old toner. rotate drum to make sure drum is not sticking or blade has not flipped.

make a hole underneath the cartridge where the thickness is largest and vacume out left over toner. poor in new toner and seal both holes and replace chip

job done

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
These cartridges are the most pain to refill, It is best to pull the cartridge apart. First remove the two springs from the cartridge. Next There is two pins one plastic and the other is metal. For the plastic pin get a small self tapping screw and screw it into the pin and then pull it out with a pair of pliers. The metal pin you will need to drill a small hole next to the pin and use a small pair of long nose pliers to pull the pin out. The two half's will now pull apart. Drill your fill hole on the underside of the cartridge so the second cartridge hides the hole (makes it look better) Empty your old toner out of the cartridge then fill with your new powder i think these take 90 grams from memory when finished filling cover your hold with some duct tape. Next make a small hole in the waste bin and make sure you empty ALL of the waste out or you will end up with powder all over your page because the waste bin is very small and will not hold much powder and you will only get 100 or so pages before it over-flows onto your page then tape your hole when finished. Next replace your chip or when you put your cartridge back in it will still read empty! Next put your cartridge back together and install it in your printer

Bunny

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
go to this link you can have the pics and step by step guidance .
ww.inksupply.com/snapfill.cfm
hope it helps :D