How to use non-genuine cartridge on epson dx4450?

NEBO666

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Did anyone know how to use non-genuine cartridge on epson dx4450?
I insert non-geniune black ink cartridge in epson stylus dx4450 and i cant print..the printer show some message:
"Epson recommends the genuine Epson cartridges listed above. Click the How to button for ink cartridge replacement instructions."

I was trying to do something with SSC Service Utility...but and yelow cartridge start to show as non-genuine...
The cartridge is GNE711..and original, now empty is T0711...
Is there some way to use this cartridges, to remove (or bypass or something like that) this "non-ganuine protection"?

Sorry for my bad/pure english, my "default" launglade is macedonian...

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If your non genuine cartridge has the chip on it, it should print, unless the chip is defective. Did you press the ink button? Try turning the printer off, wait 10 sec. and turn it back on, what happens?

NEBO666

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
If your non genuine cartridge has the chip on it, it should print, unless the chip is defective. Did you press the ink button? Try turning the printer off, wait 10 sec. and turn it back on, what happens?
Yes, it has chip on it. You think that chip is defective? is there some..diagnostig software for the chip? What can make this chip defective? Using some program like SSC Service Utility? Did possible damage is hardware or software?
hmm..on which button you think? on the printer? i think that yes, i do exactly how was said in user manual from the printer...
I turned it off and after a couple minuts back on, and there is no problem with the yelow genuine cartridge, but the new non-genuine black cartridge has the same problem how before...
After, i retry this procedure about 3 thimes, but there is no change...

The following is screen shoot from the epson status monitor:
http://rapidshare.com/files/160671843/untitled.JPG

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Try clicking the how to button, it may take you through the cartridge installation procedure again. The SSC Utility shouldn't hurt the chip, sometimes you will get a cartridge that will not work, even if new.......this happens to OEM as well. You may need to buy a new cartridge.

NEBO666

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
There is no software who can make printer to"ignore" this "warning"? hmm...
I try with putting black old cartridge, but its behavior was like the new cartridge... so it makes me to think that problem is not with the new cartridge. I try to clean the contacts between chip and printer head...but there was no result ... if the new cartridge was problem, i will try to somehow reset the chip of old cartridge, and refill it..but i don`t know what to do..
The epson dx4450 is not in supported models in SSC Utility...did anyone know program like SSC Utility that supports dx4450 ...?
Tigerwan, did you have another idea about how to resolve this problem and found what cause this problem?
Thanks very much for ( trying to ) help/ing me..

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Version 1 Cartridges only worked with printers purchased before April 2007, there has been several Epson chip updates since then. Latest Version Compatible Cartridges will work on all Epson DX4450 Printers to date.

Do your non genuine cartridges have the latest chip on them?

NEBO666

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
tigerwan said:
Version 1 Cartridges only worked with printers purchased before April 2007, there has been several Epson chip updates since then. Latest Version Compatible Cartridges will work on all Epson DX4450 Printers to date.

Do your non genuine cartridges have the latest chip on them?
I don`t know which chip have the my non genuine cartridge..
It can be used before 2011.05 . If we know how long the cartridge can be used from its manufacture date, we will know when the cartridge is manufactured and maybe we know which chip have on it...
( the cartridge is GN-E-711 )

hmm..why "the cartridge has to be at least 40%
full for the reset to work."? Which memory is inside the chip? Did the communication between chip and the printer is encrypted?
Why the genuine cartridge now when i insert it in the printer is showed as non genuine..?
Did if cartridge is least than 40% full, it can be reset to 40%..?

aldald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here and I just now see the item.
What happened -did you succeed to meke non-genuine catridge to work on DX4450?
There is one way to do this i think - go to Start button / Settings/printers and faxes/ Right click on DX4450 / Printing preferences / Maintenance / Speed&Progress to call out Speed&Progress dialogue window. Tick "Disable Status Monitor" click OK and try to print!

Please let me know what happened!

NEBO666

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
No, i dot`t success .. :(
I tick "Disable Status Monitor" .. but still i have the same problem.
The red ink light on the printer is still ON..

I think that the printer firmware is not allowing to use this non genuine cartridge :S ..I think that because the printer, if in it is genuine cartridge , can print ( copy ) and when it is not plugged in pc...

hmm... did i can to install some older firmware ( if exist ) to the printer, that don`t "block" non genuine cartridge ( this process will be something like "firmware unupdate".. reverse process than update .. )?...
I don`t know what to do :S.. buying genuine cartridge is not an option.. :S

aldald, thanks for try to help...