How to stop "Initial Fill" Epson 7600 printer?

backnext

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson stylus pro 7600
I activated (by mistake) "Initial Fill" for flushing all channels simultaneously in the "Diagnostics Mode" of my Epson stylus pro 7600 printer.
This way a lot of ink would be wasted so I stopped the process by pulling out the power cable. (no other possibility).
Now when I restart in normal mode, the process of "flushing ink" restarts again.
How can I stop this or reset the printer? Normal reset doesn't work.
Thank you.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
oops, I don't know, but I would try to raise the cartridge release lever to prevent the ink flowing, turning on the unit and pressing the reset buttom for several seconds. I wouldn't know else or get a service manual

backnext

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson stylus pro 7600
Thank you "ink stained fingers" I tried this but with the same result. The printer wants to continue wasting ink. I have a service manual but at this time found no solution in it.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
there is a service/maintenance program for the Pro 7600 available, it may be possible to do some reset with that software, this as the last resort. If not you probably have to go through the ink charging function.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@backnext, A wild shot, Could you put the printer into Service Mode at start-up and clear the EEPROM memory..

backnext

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson stylus pro 7600
Thank you "ink stained fingers". I tried the programm but there is no way to reset. I can do a firmware update with it but I think mine has the latest. Maybe I should look for a younger firmware ... I let you know if it works.

backnext

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson stylus pro 7600
@The Hat , thank you. I don't know how to clear the eeprom as the printer starts the Initial Fill when turned on.

Georonimo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 9600
I did the same thing with my Epson 9600 and didn't realize what it was doing until too late. I was trying to correct another issue with the ink flat flex cables so I was delighted that she was humming away and not complaining about missing cartridges. I wasted several ink cartridges and filled the old maintenance tank.
Nothing useful to add, just ...damn.