How to remove PRO-1 printhead ?

livingstone

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
CanonPro100, Pro1, Epson3800
Hi @Anadol, that’s one hell of a problem you got, I have never known a Pro 1 to get a clogged head ever, and please don’t try and print while you have this issue, question:- are you using OEM inks or compatibles.

Totally disregard that video, the head can be changed without causing any damage, but I’d recommend a system clean first to see if that will unclog the nozzles before attempting the head removal, you’re going to lose some ink with either process.
If you can't resolve the blockage, then PM me and I will give you the correct removal instructions...
I would like instructions how to replace the canon pro 1 printhead for my files if still avaliable.....

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
how to replace the canon pro 1 printhead for my files if still avaliable.....
Sorry @livingstone, but these instructions are not for open use, so therefore sharing will never be an option, but they can be used if and when your need arises..

kaizen

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
Hi! New Pro-1 owner here. I am very glad to have stumbled upon this forum, where I have already found many valuable tips. Thank you!

About a week ago I purchased a used Pro-1 that supposedly sat unused for 7 months or so and saw only sporadic use before that. First nozzle check: no R, large parts of MBK and CO missing, some color weirdness. While the latter was gone after two cleanings, three cleanings failed to bring back R, so I ran a deep cleaning the next day. This did the job. By this point, the nozzle check had improved a lot but still came up with visible missing lines. I continued to run about two nozzle checks and one cleaning each day. Now for the past three days, I saw little change, missing lines continue to be present in all three groups but seem to switch around a bit. (You have to look close, but they are still there. The dark line in LGY comes and goes but isn't there most of the time.)

How to best proceed from here? Continue with one cleaning and nozzle check a day? Until either the visible lines have disappeared or I can see no further change?

On a different note, what third-party inks available in Europe are closest to OEM (Precisioncolors Signature Edition equivalent)?

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• group1.JPG
    group1.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 178
  • group2.JPG
    group2.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 180
  • group3.JPG
    group3.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 173

kaizen

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
PS: The printer has been running on OEM inks so far.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
PS: The printer has been running on OEM inks so far.
Hi @kaizen, you seem to have got a good working printer, well done, I wouldn’t be worried about the little imperfections in the nozzle check, because they will also clean up as you go along.

What you need now is to print something that will give the printer a good workout, 1 or two photos should get it back to normal, but keep an eye for low ink, because that’s when your troubles begin.

The Pro 1 is a fantast printer but very expensive to keep fed with OEM inks, you’d need to be selling the prints to afford to run this beast, otherwise you may look to getting aftermarket inks.

You can get OEM inks cheap from the larger ink tanks that are sold for the other Pro 1000 /2000/ 3000 printer, which are out of date, but you’ll also have to get one time chips for the carts, because the Pro 1 will drink your inks if you disable the ink monitoring.

My advice:- Now that you got her up running properly, I’d sell the beast and get a second hand Pro 10, this printer is much more manageable and affordable and will give close to the same output as the Pro 1..

kaizen

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10S
Thank you @The Hat for your encouraging words! I just did a test print and it came out fine. While I like the idea of owning a Pro-1, I came to realize in the past week that this printer is probably too high maintenance for me. I will heed your advice and sell on the Pro-1 in favor of a Pro-10. (Already found a promising local advert for a used Pro-10S.)

Braddie149

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro1
Hi, im new to these forums & looking for some advice
A few days ago my Pro1 was working fine, one of the ink carts needed replacing, so replaced with OEM
I did a couple of test prints which were fine, then all of a sudden it started flashing orange then white 10 times each.
I realise this is a B200 error, is it a head problem or can it be anything else.
The printer won't do anything, i slid the head over manually to the middle & have removed the head & cleaned it with alcohol, but still the same
Is it terminally ill...
If it's the head is it worth replacing or would it be wise to purchase another printer?

malantheon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1
This depends on how much ink you have left and how much you love the printer. But the general notion from the smart people on this thread is to either step down do Pro 10 / Pro 10s which can be easily refilled and gives almost identical results, or if you are bold enough, go up to Pro 1000 or something similar.

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
This depends on how much in you have left and how much you love the printer. But the general notion from the smart people on this thread is to either step down do Pro 10 / Pro 10s which can be easily refilled and gives almost identical results, or if you are bold enough, go up to Pro 1000 or something similar.
I am afraid the PRO-1000 is a bit the same as a PRO-1, maybe a bit less stubborn.

No resetter, and almost impossible to switch inks.
Purges before every print, nothing for 10x15cm and A4 at home.
I can live with A3+ (in fact the PRO-10 can print 355mm wide and 676 long).

Latest posts