How to refill Lexmark pro901 carts

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
It uses the 100 and 105 carts - I found a site on the net that shows using the existing small hole on top of the cart to refill but when I try to insert the needle into the hole it seems to hit something hard - not soft like sponge in the HP carts I have refilled. So I drilled a hole in it and had the same problem - something hard inside.

I did try putting ink into both holes with the same result - the ink would come up out of the hole and then slowly go down. After a couple of time it would no longer go down with very little ink having been inserted.

Question - if I find a way to refill, will the printer recognize the refilled cart? Also, I have ordered some after market carts - will I be able to refill these and have the printer recognize them?

As for the printer itself - my old HP 5610 took almost 1 min to print either a b&w or color page. This pro901 prints the same b&w page in about 12 sec but the color page is only slightly faster than the HP - almost 1 min. For an advertised speed of draft 30ppm on both, this is way beyond bad.

I am trying to find an all in one printer that I can print flyers on but it would appear that the $0.042 cents each price I have from a local printer may be the way to go. Anyone have a cheap way to go with this I would appreciate any help.

Tks for any help - jb

joseph.jiang2010

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score

jeb101

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tks for the reply, Joseph - seems I must have asked my questions on 2 posts wrong as you are the only reply I have had in 4 days now.

I pulled up the info on the HP 4500 and it is getting trashed on reviews - a lot of people are having problems setting it up and getting it to come out of sleep mode, it seems.

I purchased the Lexmark pro 901 and took it back the next day. :( It was a nice printer with no set up problems and the duplex printing was nice. But it seems one can not refill the carts so that is out for me - I need the ability to refill and without doing so the 901 gets expensive.

The old HP 5610 I have been using for years now takes almost a min to print either aB&W or color page - the 901 was suppose to print draft 30ppm on both. I certain didn't expect it to do that but when it took it 57 sec to print the same color page as my 5610 I saw no reason to pay for it. It did print the B&W page in about 10 secs which is much better than my 5610 but far, far less than the supposed 30ppm.

Again, tks for the reply - I am still looking for a good all in one that I can print flyers at a reasonable speed and cost. - jb