How to refill Canon Pro 9500 printer/PGI-9 cartridges

Gekko4321

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I see some great tutorials on refilling different cartridges but not the odd PGI-9 catridges found in the Canon Pro 9500 series. This ink pocket collapses within the cartridge. Does anyone have experience refilling these and could you please explain how? Thanks!

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I would sugest you to buy refillable PGI-9 cartridges for example at www.efillink.com using autoreset chips and only to refill using suitable pigment inks and not the cheaper dye inks.

nomar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
HI, can anyone tell me if efillink cartridge (PGI-9) will work on Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II ? Tried e-mail but so far no reply from them. Also for those who used efillink with the 1st Pro 9500 did any color mismatched occured ? Trying to get as much info since there's not much choice when it comes to Canon Pro Ciss system, thanks.

Gekko4321

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Is there a concern about using 3rd party inks as far as longevity and quality? It is my biggest concern for breaking away from Canon inks even though they are so much more expensive.

scraggs

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
efillink will only sell the refillable carts with his ink, I tried to buy some off him the other day, the only other place I have found is the manufacturer in china, if anyone knows of anyone else who has the carts please let me know.
pharmacist although its an old thread I have replied to your thread where you have the dismantled pgi-9