how to know original hp CC530A cartridges

sx57

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
dear friends
i want to buy hp2025 printer cartridges(CC530A series).some say they have copy cartridges and some say theirs is original.
the problem is i don't know if the one who claims to sell original cartridges is not lying.my country,iran is sanctioned and many just lie to sell at higher prices.
is there any signs on the box or the cartridge itself that proves it is original?
a few months ago i bought an original CC530A cartridge that has a refill hole to easily recharge it.the retailer who says is a representative of HP says that new policy of Hp is to produce refillable cartridges.a few days ago that i bought another one,it has no hole and has some minor signs of hit .i asked him and he said the hole depends on the year of production and it is normal to see some damages(damages are very minor but are physically visible).
is he telling the truth specially about refill hole?!!!
my printer is canon mf8350cdn but hp cartridges are cheaper in iran so i use them.
is there any differences between original and copy cartridges in term of their life?is it right that refillable cartridges has lower refill-ability because of their lower life span?
i just use them for text.scanned text and some maps but no professional work.
thank you all:)

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
As far as I know, HP don't have visible holes on their cartridges. They should not be any signs of damages as well
Usually when you buy a cartridge in a retail box and factory sealed, they should be OEM (original) cartridges. Nevertheless there always are people who would try to take advantage of whoever they can.
If you find a retailer who sells OEMs, keep ordering from them.

sx57

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank you mate.unfortunately buying oem cartridges is hard in iran because of mistrust and high price.i ordered copy color cartridges from someone who claimed to offer grade 1 quality cartridges with warranty.i just changed red and blue cartridges because of serious print problem and changed ones have problem again.so i am gonna change them again.your help is very great because now i know that i did not make a mistake buying copy cartridges from someone else,at least this man does not sell copy ones instead of OEMs thank you