How to dry ink printed on back of photo paper

brwinters

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
G7020, G620, iP100, Pro-2000
Perhaps. I would just like to minimize the amount of extra workflow needed to accomplish a good backprint, especially minimizing additional materials required.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Perhaps. I would just like to minimize the amount of extra workflow needed to accomplish a good backprint, especially minimizing additional materials required.
All this extra work seems very pointless, a label would to be the best option that would work every time..

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I would just like to minimize the amount of extra workflow needed to accomplish a good backprint, especially minimizing additional materials required.
Or you switch over to a printer which meets your requirements - the already mentioned Frontier DL650 printer , the printer does backside printing on media which are suitable for that printer

Just look for the specs

Back printing Two 40-character lines in backside print of information
on
https://www.fujifilm.com/de/en/business/photofinishing/frontier-dry/dl650-pro/specifications

kdsdata

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-100 & Brother-L8900
@brwinters, you are right it's not bulletproof. I had a few printed, so these will go out that way. If they smear I'll blame the post (not nice, but hey...). I won't do it again, now that I know. It's not something I "have" to do anyway. I already made use of another suggestion above, a marker. Worked just fine, and I saw no bleed through. And if I have to do more, I'll use labels, also a good suggestion. I just didn't know all this before. Thanks, and All the Best.

Last edited:

brwinters

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
All this extra work seems very pointless, a label would to be the best option that would work every time..
R.png

Or you switch over to a printer which meets your requirements - the already mentioned Frontier DL650 printer , the printer does backside printing on media which are suitable for that printer

Just look for the specs

Back printing Two 40-character lines in backside print of information
on
https://www.fujifilm.com/de/en/business/photofinishing/frontier-dry/dl650-pro/specifications
I get what you mean, but easier said than done goes without saying. A used DL6 is relatively cheap but a pain to ship and takes up a ton of space. Space I don't have, 14 printers later...

brwinters

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Avery makes 4" x 6" labels. That might look better on a 4" x 6" photo paper than an attached smaller label?
Yes, but such a large label sounds fiddly to apply on a consistent basis. Not to mention significant added expense if you do it any more than occasionally.

brwinters

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model

The thread is in fact titled "how to get ink to stick to photo paper backing," not "how to put a sticker on it." I don't know why then it's such a laugh that the people in that thread would prefer a printed surface over a sticker on it.