how to diagnose true clogs vs air bubbles using nozzle check

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
Depending on the driver/quality settings you may have the effect that a missing nozzle is covered up by multiple print cycles - the nozzle check should tell you whether all nozzles are actually printing.[/QUOTE]

will do a nozzle check when i come home from work after 10:30 pm today, have added 2 photos to my flickr channel

i find it very weird that 3th party manufacturers dont make the colors of their ink so that the result is as close as possible to oem ink, or is that also copyright ??

Thanks !!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
a particular dye may be proprietary to a specific customer, or it may be a trademark/copyright issue, but please don't forget that 3rd party inks may as well can be able to exceed the gamut of a Canon/Epson etc ink set. And users for 3rd party inks with savings in mind will very likely use as well other more budget oriented papers for which Epson/Canon won't have color profiles or embedded driver settings available at all. And on top of that people using their own profiling software/hardware find out that manufacturer's profiles are somewhat tuned to an assumed taste of its customer base. So there are various ways to get around that - only using genuine consumables or setting up your own profiling capabilities or using 3rd party inks and papers for which the suppliers provide you with matching profiles. Just look at Marrutt or precisioncolors or farbenwerk or Hahnemühle etc providing more than just inks/papers but as well support in this respect. Or get your inks from a supplier which offers you a free profile with the purchase of an inkset, that get's them around those complaints by customers that colors don't match anymore, just use such service offers.

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
did a nozzle check..all colours 99% ok but no black..
did a purgefiletest..no black..yellow led was showing so removed every cartridge and placed them back ..yellow shows full, rest shows almost empty , did a nozzle check and magic..all work fine..even the black..weird..
have to study that colourmanagement in the epson 1500 propertieswindow to see what to do, never payed attention to it since i have no clue how to work with it, that will be a saturday evening work ..:)
1 step at a time
Thanks for helping Ink stained Fingers

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
I dont know what's wrong with these inkjetmall cartridges, printed 6 photo's today with colorcontrol ( it's in dutch) or so to see if i could adjust the blue-ish color, had weird colors again, but all in the dark area's..did a nozzle check..no black..did a purging test pattern.. no black..
my conehead is getting back !!!
There is at least 1 thing they cant say, that i've put my cartridges at the wrong place.. :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I dont know what's wrong with these inkjetmall cartridges, printed 6 photo's today with colorcontrol ( it's in dutch) or so to see if i could adjust the blue-ish color, had weird colors again, but all in the dark area's..did a nozzle check..no black..did a purging test pattern.. no black..
my conehead is getting back !!!
There is at least 1 thing they cant say, that i've put my cartridges at the wrong place.. :)
Sounds like you’re having nightmares with that Friggin printer, would you not consider getting yourself a second-hand Pro 10 or Pro 9500 in your general area on EBay, you’ll get old before your time trying to get that printer to work on a daily basics.

@palombian got me a really great 9500 not to long ago for almost nothing in Netherlands...;)

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
Sounds like you’re having nightmares with that Friggin printer, would you not consider getting yourself a second-hand Pro 10 or Pro 9500 in your general area on EBay, you’ll get old before your time trying to get that printer to work on a daily basics.

@palombian got me a really great 9500 not to long ago for almost nothing in Netherlands...;)

Hi The Hat
i dont need a second printer :) since it's only 14 months old ( it's getting teeth i think :) i need good cartridges ( orderd some at aliexpress) to work with my printer
I've read in another thread that there were more problems with inkjetmall cartridges sucking air or so..

I get a conehead working with 3th party ink in 1 printer i wouldn't like a double conehead working with 2 printers :) and that one has 10 cartridges i read..pff.. :)
Talking of cartridges, if i refill from little bottles say 50 a 100 ml per color, any idea of the longevity of the open bottles ?
since i'm only printing every 2 weeks on 13x18cm , wanted to start printing on a3 paper with that cheaper 3th party ink

Thanks for the idea !

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Talking of cartridges, if i refill from little bottles say 50 a 100 ml per color, any idea of the longevity of the open bottles ?
You need not worry about your inks going off once you keep the refill bottles in a cool place and the caps on tightly.

The reason I mentioned the Canon printers was because refilling their cartridges is so unbelievably easy on these two models, they are Heaven sent... :)

ice-t

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson 1500w
Hi everybody, it's more than time for an update,
Probably in both sets of cartidges i had a faulty one with an airleak ( different colour), so after great advice from a major Printerknowledge member i decided to change to Inktec Powerchrome K3 ink and refillable cartridges, and everything works well, results are great, even if i dont print often, last time it was 5 weeks between prints and had no blocked nozzles, I had already 2 times a blocked nozzle , but i have a spare set filled with the Pharmacist cleaning solution, i print a small photo with these cartridges and no more blocked nozzles after that! :)
Thanks to Pharmacist , ISF, martinOreg and The Hat for helping !!