How to change card size on Canon PIXMA IX6850

ABW

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon PIXMA IX6850
Hi everyone!

Please help!

I have just bought a Canon PIXMA IX6850 for card printing. However, when I select 'card', it defaults to 51 x 91 mm and I would like to print A5 borderless! How can I change the card size?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
However, when I select 'card', it defaults to 51 x 91 mm and I would like to print A5 borderless! How can I change the card size?
If you open your printer properties and select borderless printing, then select paper size, a drop down menu will appear with the paper sizes you can use, when attempting to print borderless the selection is limited.

Another problem you may face is you won’t be able to select Matte Media because borderless is usually reserved for glossy paper only, sorry..
Capture21.JPG Capture22.JPG click to enlarge..

Mowerman90

Print Addict
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Please help!

I have just bought a Canon PIXMA IX6850 for card printing. However, when I select 'card', it defaults to 51 x 91 mm and I would like to print A5 borderless! How can I change the card size?

I too had problems picking a correct size paper for the "Invitation" size cards I print. The simple solution is to select
A4 size and position your layout as I have in the attached screenshot. You'll notice that the size of the print is listed as
11x8.5 but the card size is 8.5 x 5.37. Works like a charm for me
Screenshot 2020-12-19 154749.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Canon printers can handle a lot of paper formats, but when borderless printing is selected only a few formats are available. So this is a nice workaround :clap

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I do likewise when printing on Qimage with my Canon Pro10s. Unlike Photoshop or other programs, Qimage has a workaround for skipping the mandatory wide borders for Fine Art paper settings on many Canon printers, but you can’t select a custom size for these papers, only standard European/American sizes.

Also, if the driver of your printer has a submenu with customized settings and there’s a ‘detect paper width’ tab, don’t forget to disable it.