How long does the toner of a laser printer lasts?

sandracrump

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
what is the life of a printer toner cartridge in a laser printer if left alone and not used for a long time like 2 to 4 months.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
sandracrump said:
what is the life of a printer toner cartridge in a laser printer if left alone and not used for a long time like 2 to 4 months.
Laser printer toner ink doesnt have a use by date; it will last for months if not years..:)

Spitfire

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
sandracrump said:
Laser printer toner ink doesnt have a use by date; it will last for months if not years..:)
+it depends how you keep it. A shadowy chilly place will not decrease its lifespan.

PS nevermind the expiration dates.

ian

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The toner cartridge has powder inside the cartridge so as long as you keep it in a dry place it will last for years.

dsecocleaning

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
A laser printer give you a good service 1/2 years. My printer also lasting for 11 month

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I have to agree with ian here - if you keep the cartridge in a dry place, it should last for years.
Inks for example if not opened, have like 2 years shelf life.

Martijn

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
dsecocleaning said:
A laser printer give you a good service 1/2 years. My printer also lasting for 11 month
How long you can USE it of course depends on the kind of toner/printer and how much you use it.