How do I Post in Inkjet Refill forum -- A Brother MFC 3360C question

Decij

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
This is my first time at this site, and at the inkjet forum, I could not find a new post button. At the general index page I stumbled on the only new post button that I could find. If this is the only way to post that is OK with me. If there is a way to post to a more focused forum, I would appreciate knowing how to do so.

My actual substantive question relates to the 3360C fax/multifunction machine. I have no need for the color cartridges, but they are self-cleaning and empty fairly soon. (No doubt this is an intentional ploy by Brother for me to waste money on cartridges I don't use.) When a color cartridge becomes empty, the black cartridge (which I use) won't work. I am thinking of filling the color cartridges with the cheapest ink possible and maybe even diluting the ink in the cartridges because all I want to do is fool the stupid machine into printing black when I receive faxes. Don't really care about the rest of the features. Is my idea feasible or are there other work arounds to avoid wasting money on color cartridges?

Thanks,

JD