How do I fix the colours from my HP C5180 Printer

thelawnet

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I've been having a bit of a nightmare with my printer.

Photos have been printing with colours all wrong. After uninstalling the software a few times, I figured out that if I specify 'use my profile' in Windows Colour Management, I can select the paper I'm using. I selected 'Premium', which was horrible, it turns out my paper is actually 'Advanced'.

Switching to that makes a huge difference (like you wouldn't believe!), but comparing the print with a professionally printed one I ordered from the same .jpg, I prefer the colours in tha.

This is the image:

resizedkvh.jpg

The main problem is that the 'hair' of the man is coming out slightly orange. The girl's left leg is also printing slightly more brown/orange than it should, and the horizontal cement 'bar' is a little redder than it should be. The boy's skin is more orange than it should be, and the girl's green top is a bit oversaturated.

How do I go about modifying my Advanced Paper profile to permanently fix these issues?

Arno088

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

On my HP C5180 I always have the Grayscale setting to "Black Cartridge Only" and rarely ever print anything in color.The color carts still get used up fairly quickly??? Really as fast as the black, and the black still has plenty of ink, so doubt it's mixing the colors for black/gray because black cart's empty.