How can I know a canon ink cartridge expiring date?

cley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

Excuse me if this question has been asked before. I have just bought a canon ip5000 printer that uses one BCI-3eBK and four BCI-6 cartridges. I have bought a set of replacement cartridges, but I can't see no expiration date printed on cartridge boxes. The only thing I can see is an alfanumeric code printed in the bottom of the cartridge box. I would like to know how to obtain the expiration date of each cartridge from this code.

Thanks a lot in advance,

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
There is no expiration day on IP5000 cartridges. You can use them until they run dry.

cley

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for your response, panos

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Earlier Canon carts had an expiration date on the box. Since I've been refilling my carts for over a year I haven't looked at an OEM cart. From what we've seen on this forum some inks get "glop" in them after a while. I don't know about OEM inks, but some of the bulk ink vendors tell you what the shelf life is of their inks. I believe that it is at least a year.

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I asked exactly that shelf life question of bulkinkjetcarts.com. They stated two years in the box and six month in the printer.