How can I install only printer drivers for MB5120?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
In my case it was as simple as
Stop trying to confuse The Hat with short spelled-out instructions. I did that and he was banjaxxed. You need to follow the complicated instructions he posted.

I figure whomever gave him the instructions figured less potential feck ups using 3rd party apps to do the job. In reality, you don't need 3rd party software to do any step in those instructions. It's all available from within Windows. However, once downloaded and installed (if necessary), using the 3rd party apps may streamline the procedure a bit.

PS I wouldn't have him get anywhere near GiveMePower let alone the Registry Editor. I hope he has his son on speed dial. :hit:hide

Maybe it won't comeback, but, Windows has a penchant to reinstall core apps unless you do something more than uninstall a Windows driver/app. It's like gnats flying around your head at dusk that follow you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
n my case it was as simple as going to 'printers and devices' in the control panel, click the right button of the mouse, over the Canon MB5100FAX icon, scroll down to 'remove device'. The fax was gone and never came back.
I tried that and each time the Fax would reappear the very next day..

So I asked my son to rid me of this pest, and instead of just disabling the fax device, he went to the trouble of removing it altogether, that way I wouldn’t bother him again.. That put me in my place..

PS I wouldn't have him get anywhere near GiveMePower let alone the Registry Editor. I hope he has his son on speed dial. :hit
@stratman the 3rd party download stuff is only there for those that want or need it, he didn’t use it. (Reg. entry tutorial made easy)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Good on your son! :thumbsup