How about DYE ink mixture?

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
If you still want to experiment at least use a cheap printer ready to be recycled not a photographic pro model...

Yes, I am still experimenting with a cheap printer and soon going to do the 2nd refill. If any interest...I can scan a print and post it later on...?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm a kind of lost about this thread, could it be that Canon printers are more sensitive to refill inks and the proper working and handling of cartridges for the refill process ? I only can tell you that I'm printing about any ink in an Epson WF2010W - dye and pigment - Epson inks, OCP, ConeColor, InkTec, Chinese inks and various genuine Canon inks, as well dye and pigment - Canon G-series inks - HP GT51/52 inks - all left overs from recent fading and other tests - black level - gloss - compatibility with a gloss optimizer and more - and the WF2010W takes it all - and some of those inks are used up as well in a L310 running the same printhead

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Same here. I tried pigment and dye inks with sucess, I was afraid at first that pigment ink would clog the tip of the Pilots but no, it's fine and the cost per refill is ridiculously low.
Another advantage is that you can mix the colors to obtain an infinite variety of shades. Custom Pantone Pilot ! :D
Pilot pen ?
Something new to me. Do you mean they still sell fountain pens as the Parkers we filled with Quink ink ?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
I'm mixing inks as stated above - but I do not consider this as a recommendation to anybody just to do it, there are quite some variables in the refill process which can cause problems - impeding the ink flow - constructional differences of the cartridges - poor manufacturing of cartridges - chip problems to name a few , and it is recommended to have some knowledge/practice to clean/flush the nozzles in case something goes wrong, and it is possible in some cases that inks react chemically , flocculate or turn into a gel so it is interesting to see what is happening, and it's all at your own risk.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Pilot pen ?
Something new to me. Do you mean they still sell fountain pens as the Parkers we filled with Quink ink ?
Of course they sell fountain pens, I still have several Sheaffers somewhere (empty and unused for years, I'm afraid.. :rolleyes:)
Anyway, I didn't mean those pens but Pilot liquid ink pens,, more to the point the Hi-Tecpoint V5/V7 series.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Pilot pen ?
This is what @Arthur5 is on about.. smooth output and easy flowing..;)
pen.JPG

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
In the days of early inkjet printers fountain pens were still widely used. Some successfully used Parker ink for fountain pens to refill ink cartridges. See this.