Hobbicolors ink for Canon Pixma 4500 extra charges

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I live in the UK, I have just purchased Hobbicolors ink for my Canon Pixma 4500 from USA through Ebay.
My question is will I have to pay Custom and any other charges on top of the $31.95 for the ink + delivery a total of $50.50

Just wondering if anyone has been stung with any extra expense and at what rate

Many thanks

Gompy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
In most countries in Europe the custom charges will be calculated without the delivery costs.
The hight of the Custom free import is not equally in every country of the EU as far as I know.
In my country (Netherlands) no custom will be charged below Euro 22 business import, and below Euro 45 friend/family related import.

Perhaps you make a Google on it in the UK part

Regards, Gompy

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Gompy,

I have just checked and duty is payable on goods above $31.2331 (18.00). I have paid $31.95 (18.4443) not including delivery

Has anyone in the UK been charged custom duties etc. for Hobbicolors ink

Thanks

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I was not charged duty on my order that arrived 3 weeks ago, however Dave at hobbicolors does a very good job of declaring the cost on the customs slip at $31.95. Sometimes it can be the luck of the draw :-( Delivery will take about a week and will arrive by royal mail once its left the customs / monkey check point or what ever they call it now.

I did read somewhere that printer ink is exempt from import tax but I dont know if this is true and I cant find the link to the place I read it.

beduch

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks

What do you think of the ink quality, how near is it to Canon`s own ink in colour

martop

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Lets put it this way, after using hobbicolors ink I wont be using canon oem ink unless I have too ! I think the colours are much better, the red is slighlty more red. I am sure pharmacist did a review of some inks in another post that clearly shows the difference Hobbicolors makes.

I am no expert on inks or how long they last so am little test where I print off a set of prints using hobbiclors and the same set using canon ink, the prints are then framed behind glass and placed near to in a south facing window, canon ink has been there for 3 weeks and the prints have began to turn a caste of green, the red in the images look a little washed out. The hobbicolors have been there 2 weeks and there is no change I can see. On my ip4500 all my prints came out with a slight pink tint no matter what ink I used so I adjusted the printer driver to reduce that so the greys where neutral. Seems to work fine untill I can create a profile or two when I learn how to do it that is.

Gompy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score